Mihai is the founder and the Managing Partner of Mareș & Mareș. Highly regarded by clients and peers alike as one of the brightest white collar crime attorneys, he specializes exclusively on criminal defense for senior executives, entrepreneurs, major industrial groups, financial institutions and large international and domestic companies, in a wide range of matters involving money laundering, fraud, bribery and other forms of corporate misconduct. Described by The Legal 500 as “an energetic legal brain” and named one of the top White-Collar Crime lawyers in Romania, he is recommended as a Leading Lawyer in disputes.
With a Ph.D. in criminal procedure from the Romanian Academy’s Legal Institute, Mihai regularly publishes articles and studies on criminal law and criminal procedure and participates in international and national conferences related to these fields.
Prior to founding Mares&Mares, Mihai was Garrigues’ managing partner in Romania, afer having collaborated with a reputed independent Romanian law firm.
- Mihai is a member of several relevant national and international bodies, among which: The International Bar Association – Business Crime Committee
- The European Criminal Bar Association
- The European Fraud and Compliance Lawyers
- The Romanian Association of Criminal Sciences
- The Romanian Forensic Association